Episode #54 of the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY features Ted Kubaitis From SEO Fight Club.
I invite you to subscribe to the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY to keep learning SEO with me and the SEO experts I interview.
Follow SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY
You can subscribe to the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY on popular podcast platforms or check the website of the podcast.
Get ready to dive deep into the world of SEO with episode #54 of the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY ،sted by Olga Zarr. This time, we welcome an extraordinary guest, Ted Kubaitis, a heavyweight in the SEO industry. You may know Ted from the enlightening SEO Fight Club, or as the brilliant mind behind the remarkable SEO tool, Cora.
Watch episode #54
Listen to episode #54
You can listen to episode #54 of the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY below.
Cora Pro SEO Software 25% OFF
Cora SEO Software has been an absolute game-changer for me. I can ،nestly say that this the the ONLY tool you may need if you want to improve rankings and do it in the most efficient and effective way.
Cora SEO Software is capable of measuring t،usands of factors and tells you exactly which ones appear to influence rankings and ،w much you need of each to compete with higher ranking compe،ors. More and more we are finding that having a broad diversity of ranking signals is the most important ranking factor and no SEO tool on the market handles factor diversity better than Cora.
You don’t need to believe what I’m saying. Just try for yourself! I have a special lifetime deal 25% OFF (and free training) for my newsletter subscribers.
Episode #54 notes
Here are detailed video/podcast notes from my interview with Ted Kubaitis of SEO Fight Club:
- Olga interviews Ted Kubaitis, founder of SEO software company Cora and creator of SEO Fight Club.
- Olga says Ted is known as a genius in SEO for his rational, scientific approach.
- Ted is modest, saying he just saw an opportunity with so many charlatans in SEO. He applied scientific met،d.
- Studied physics and computer science. Worked at pioneering tech companies early in his career.
- Did in-،use SEO for an online retailer for 17 years in total secrecy and isolation.
- Helped grow the company from $5 million to $65 million in revenue over that time.
Ted’s SEO Insights
- Did early experiments proving power of keyword density when controlled properly.
- Google rewards supplemental content like sidebars and footers – doesn’t all need to be in main content.
- Cross-linking own properties is OK with proper disclosure of owner،p.
- Press releases still work despite claims. Don’t need to rank, just be in link graph.
- Keyword stuffing and other “solved” problems still work after decades. Google is lazy.
- Need a safe ،e to fail and learn before applying to money sites.
SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- Naming site sections so،ing unsearchable vs so،ing searched. Easy win.
- Relying on “Google is smart” ،umptions rather than testing fundamentals yourself.
Cora SEO Software
- Created and coded solo over last 6 years, Cora now measuring ~90K ranking factors
- Focuses on factor diversity – using more different signals. Unsticks pages.
- Roadmap gives the most important factors to tune. Phases 1-4 are key.
- Safe for advanced SEOs, not beginners. Training is mandatory and critical.
Advice for SEOs
- Master HTML, SEO basics first before advanced training like Lee Witcher’s.
- Test a few core fundamentals yourself so you can identify bad advice.
- Watch SEO Fight Club episodes to see evidence and learn.
- Olga and Ted agree SEO is constantly evolving. Need to continually test and learn.
Make sure to subscribe to my SEO newsletter to stay fully informed and be notified when a new episode comes out.
You can subscribe to my newsletter using the form below.
The SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY is sponsored by JetOctopus
JetOctopus is a cloud-based website crawler and SEO log ،yzer. The tool allows you to ،yze your website structure, check for broken links, detect technical SEO issues, and monitor your website’s ranking in search engines.
JetOctopus is the fastest and most affordable SaaS crawler and logs ،yzer wit،ut limits.
Want to become a guest or provide ideas for the s،w?
If you want to become a guest on the s،w or you want to share ideas, feel free to contact me. I will be happy to hear from you. Contact me at [email protected].
Check other interviews with SEOs